Monday, April 22, 2013

Barbie Tutorial: DIY Barbie Checks

As a frugal mom, I love finding ways to save money, so this turns into a habit of seeing projects everywhere!

I was recently cutting coupons when I came across a deal on check ordering.





I instantly saw Barbie checks!

I love that they already have all the little details, and if she loses them or crumples them, I can always get more with my Sunday paper.

I cut them all up and put them inside her little Barbie clutch, also handmade from a piece of wallet I found around the house.


Where else are you going to find Hello Kitty and Betty Boop checks?  Aren't they cute?



Now Barbie can go shopping for more Barbie shoes!

1 comment:

  1. I did the same thing except that I also found the little credit cards at the bottom of ads and laminated them with transparent tape and made her credit cards. Then I just had to make her a clutch style wallet with the card slots and a check book section. I made both a purse and matching wallet out of black and white duck tape. The purse is a shoulder bag in black with a white stripe 1/4 of the way down and it meets in the front topped by a white bow, wallet is same. I have pics on my cellphone but haven't loaded them anywhere as of yet. I love your clutch is absolutely looks store bought. GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete