Monday, April 29, 2013

Number Prop Tutorial

I wanted to make a number prop for my daughter's 2nd birthday photoshoot  last year.  Unfortunately for me, I didn't decide until two days before!

I made a simple prop using stuff I purchased at the dollar store: Foam board and streamer!  

Since then, I have used this technique on other stuff, including wrapping presents!

Genevieve as The Princess & the Frog
2nd Birthday Photoshoot

Photography by ValentinPhotography.com


Total cost:  $3!


Supplies:

1 foam board 

4 rolls of streamer (sold 2 per pack)
Scissors

Glue stick

Step 1:
I stenciled out the shape of the number I wanted.  I made it the size of the board, so it was a good size.  My number was basic, but if you want something fancy, you can look for a font you like and make it whatever shape you like.








Step 2:  
I cut out the number using scissors.  It doesn't have to be perfect, the streamers cover any inperfections.

Step 3:  
I covered the number front and back with streamer.  It was glued together using a basic Elmer's glue stick.







Step 4:
This is the most tedious task.  I suggest cutting as many squares ahead of time, cutting the squares about an inch in size.  Pinch the middle of the squares and make part of the pinch a little flat to glue it to the board.































Fluff up any smashed pieces, and it's done!

This is a fun technique to use for wrapping presents as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment